The aluminium profiles are coated with thin oxide-coat by an electrochemical way in order to prevent it from corrosion.
- it protects the surface of aluminium profile from further corrosion
- it gives an aesthetic appearance to the product
- it makes the surface of aluminium harder, and therefore better
- the porous oxide coating that evolves during the process of anodising makes it possible to colour the surface according to individual wishes (for example black, blue, silver, gold, etc.)
- the surface treatment upgrades the properties of aluminium, for example thermal conduction by heatsinks